Sunday, January 08, 2012

A New Year, A New Me!

As I may have mentioned in my previous posts, Kris and I have been trying for a baby. Thus far, we have been met with little success.

When we are with friends who have children, I often see a fatherly longing in Kris' eyes, much like the same ache and longing I feel to have my own child.

After we were married, Kris and I started trying for a baby. However, after six months of trying with no success, I eventually sought advice from a doctor. As my menstruation cycle was highly irregular, she suggested that I lose weight to assist with regulating my menstruation cycle. Scornfully eyeing my "jiggly bits", I resolved to lose as much weight as I could.

Although I had good intentions to lose weight, I never actually did anything about it. Sure, for the first week I ate lots more salad than I normally did, but after that week I just fell back into my normal eating regime of quick, fast and unhealthy food.

Before I knew it, 2011 had whirled past and 2012 was upon me.

Waking up this morning, I realized that I wasn't getting any younger, and if I wanted to get pregnant, I needed to take drastic action to lose all my "jiggly bits" and give my body the best chance possible in order to conceive.

So this afternoon, I signed up to a local gym with Kris. I even managed to convince dad to sign up too.

Together, we will keep each other motivated to lose weight. That's the plan, anyway. Fingers crossed.

No comments: