Thursday, November 09, 2006

#1A. Still looking for a job

After a rather satisfying lunch, I walked into my office to check my e-mails.

I was hoping to receive an e-mail from the job-seeking site that I subscribed to - it alerted me every time a new job position was listed on its website. I hoped that I'd finally find another job to apply for.

Not only did I receive a job-seeker e-mail, but I also got one from DirectLink Recruitment Dan:

"Dear Tia,

Thanks for taking the time to speak to me last week regarding your application. I have some great news for you - I have spoken to the partners of the firm that you applied for, and they are keen to set up a phone interview as soon as possible. Let me know when you'd be available to have the interview.

Cheers,

Dan."

It seems that Dan didn't forget me, after all.

I picked up the (work) phone and called Dan.

"Hello DirectLink Recruitment, this is Stacy. How can I help you?"

My mind went blank.

"Uhhh yes. My name is Tia and I would like to speak with Dan please."

"Oh I'm sorry but Dan is away on lunch. He shouldn't be much longer. Who am I speaking with please? Can I leave a message for him to return your call?"

Geez! Dan's away on lunch? It's 2.17pm! Surely he didn't take that long to eat?

I left my contact details and waited anxiously by my phone all afternoon.

3.00pm.

....

.....

4.00pm.

....

.....

4.30pm.

....

.....

Finally at 4.48pm, my phone rang.

"Hey Tia. It's Dan."

About time! Only 2 hours later!!

We arranged to have a phone interview the next day, with 2 of the firm's partners.

I went home on a high. I even bought myself take-away for dinner. oOooOo definitely a time to celebrate.

I knew I was getting ahead of myself - after all, it was only an interview. But it was one step closer to coming home.

1 comment:

Nothing said...

Hi! Nice blog! Keep up the good work!

Would you like to exchange links with my blog - The JOKES Blog - http://jokingblog.blogspot.com/

If you want to, please link to me, and I'll link right back to u!

Thanks

:)

And by the way, Best oif Luck for your interview!